Angela and Jazmine, of The Clutter Box and Fairy Lights & Dreams, respectively, came up with the brilliance of a Monthly Goal Collaboration, and I’m thrilled to be joining them and the other bloggers yet again this month!
A Monthly Intentions post from TO&E on time?? Madness. Pretty exciting, regardless.
First order of business: Let’s look back on November.
Some high points:
- Successfully Got Out More Often per Eventbrite’s GOMO concept. I went outside. I saw people. I did things. And? I didn’t die.
- I made a conscious effort to see more people. I had the college’s Thanksgiving dinner with a group of friends from freshman year—some of whom I hadn’t talked to since! I had some friends in town over Gettysburg’s Remembrance Day weekend and got to see them. I bonded with my roommate. I visited my family. Not too shabby.
- VEGAN HAPPINESS!! Not only did I get a lovely vegan Thanksgiving dinner both at school and at home, but I acquired vegan marshmallows, vegan hot chocolate, vegan nuggets (though not quite as good as VLife’s Noble Nuggets), AND vegan pudding.
- As usual, the blog can only move upward from here. My beloved Mac died on me early last month, so I’ve had to go to the dark side… If you follow us on Instagram, you’ve already met Bernie…send him your thanks for the better posting/social media/etc. to come here at TO&E!
- Money. So, #NoSpendNovember didn’t work out as well as I’d hoped. Bills came, Black Friday came (granted, I allowed myself room for gifts, so I’m not that far off).
- Things still haven’t been great, so my mood hasn’t been much better. Need to remember to breathe.
Second order of business: Goals for December (the last goal set of 2016!!)
Step One: Pay off the credit card (thanks, Black Friday). Step Two: Make a payment on my Federal loans. Step Three: Win the lottery to pay for everything else (even though I don’t actually play it.
Once again, improving the blog is a priority. Send me your best tips!
I’m still not sold on the title of this goal. But I really need to stop and breathe, do something for my own wellbeing. I can do that.
Finish the Fall Semester with relative success
I’ve been way too stressed all this semester to not finish it out with something resembling good grades. With all of my issues in the past few months, I’m not setting my standards too high, but finals are important for any sort of excellence!
I’ve finally taken my dad’s name legally!! Despite all the excitement to go along with that, I’ve got lots of technicalities to deal with—time to call the SSA, the DMV, all of my banks and schools, and work…. Time to buckle down and get a nice pen ready.
So…here’s hoping the gals of this collab can keep my motivation high! Feel free to let me know if you have any tips!