Angela and Jazmine, of The Clutter Box and Fairy Lights & Dreams, respectively, came up with the brilliance of a Monthly Goal Collaboration, and I’m thrilled to be joining them and the other bloggers yet again this month!
As you may have notice, my recent hiatus kept me MIA for October’s Monthly Intentions collab. But if you think aaaaaaaall the way back to September, you can recall some of my goals for that month, and it’s easy enough to reflect on the two.
So, looking back on September/October:
Some high points:
- My classes have intertwined in some odd way, despite all being rather strange in their concepts (at least in comparison to my normal classwork).
- Work has continued to go amazingly! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve told my bosses that even when everything else seems to fall apart, I’m bound to enjoy my day at work.
- My birthday! I turned 21 at the end of October. Yep, legal alcohol consumption. Nope, I haven’t had any since.
- Halloween!!! My favorite holiday was highlighted with a costume party at my boss’s house. If you follow TO&E on Instagram, you got to see a peek of my Elsa costume!
- My health wasn’t the best for these two months, topped off with a stretch of seemingly endless bronchitis. Of course, this led to a lot of general unhappiness, which is hardly the best place to be.
- Doing things. Health issues and sadness don’t make for a very active Jules. I haven’t been working out or participating in extracurriculars as much as I’d like, simply because I’m either too sick or outright lack the energy. This includes the blog and friends, which hasn’t changed much since September, unfortunately!
- Budgeting. With some unexpected expenses appearing (hopefully with good news to come!), it’s been a struggle (especially at the sort of school where everyone seems to own three Mercedes). Bills are very real.
So, without further ado: goals for November.
Eventbrite recently introduced me to the concept of GOMO, or Getting Out More Often, the rival of the infamous FOMO. I’m planning to do a full post on this later in the month, but for now, know that I fully intend to leave the apartment, do things, and meet people. First stop: New York City with my best friend this past weekend. Details to come!
I can almost sense the blog’s melancholy. This can’t be. Social media, posting, and general engagement will be improved this month!
In the mindset of Thanksgiving, I’m going to make a conscious effort to be grateful for those good things in my life, especially when it’s hard to find them. Family, cute dogs, cups of tea…these are the little things that make me happy.
“But Jules, you just said you spent the weekend in NYC….” I know. I allowed myself this day of retail therapy as it had been planned for months. On a larger scale though, I’m purposefully cutting back this month—no spontaneous potato chips, no quick Starbucks run, no cute leggings just because they’re on sale. Necessities.
So…here’s hoping the gals of this collab can keep my motivation high! Feel free to let me know if you have any tips!