“…It’s only for today, it’s agony to wait…tell the guards to open up the gates (the gates)…. For the first time in forever (don’t let them in, don’t let them see) I’m getting what I’m dreaming of (be the good girl you always have to be); a chance to change my lonely world (conceal), a chance to find true love (conceal, don’t feel, don’t let them know…). I know it all ends tomorrow, so it has to be today, ’cause for the first time in forever, for the first time in forever, nothing’s in my way!” –For the First Time in Forever, Disney’s Frozen
For the first time in forever, I’m posting here on TO&E!
Things have been crazy the last several weeks, y’all.
- My beloved fish, Bullet, passed away.
- I dealt with a several-week long stretch of bronchitis and a subsequent cough that REFUSES TO LEAVE.
- Just as I started to improve, my roommate developed pneumonia. Our room may become a quarantine area, at this point.
- My best friend went through a particularly horrible breakup (don’t even get me started on this guy, I may never stop telling you how terrible he is).
- Migraines. Joint pain. And my doctor disappeared off the face of the earth. Switching doctors is stressful, if you weren’t aware.
- The uber-fun time of the semester in which everything is due at once and it’s all worth about 90% of your grade (or so it seems).
- So many technology issues. Phone, laptop, you name it.
I’m going to cut the list of sadness short, but to put it simply, life has not been fun. To make it even better, blogging gets pushed to the wayside amid everything else. That just makes things more sad.
I’m (semi) functioning.