The hardest part about this post? Thinking of which “fun facts” you all aren’t already aware of!
- I can’t drive. At all, really. I’ve been behind the wheel a few times, but several renewed permits later, I’ve taken a break from driving. It’s difficult to coordinate while at school, and not really necessary thanks to the wonderful bus system here in Gettysburg. *Bonus facts: I can neither swim nor ride a bike either.
- I have a lot of irrational fears. While I’ve probably alluded to this one plenty of times, I’m not sure I’ve detailed many of them. I’m bound to miss a few, but here goes: butterflies, elevators, escalators, balloons (but only certain balloons, don’t ask me why), revolving doors, heights, adjacent lanes with opposing traffic, phone calls, etc.
- I once did an entire science project on Bocce Ball. When confronted with the assignment to analyze the physics behind a sport, the little bookworm that seventh-grade me was decided to be too worldly for my own good and conquer bocce, which I’d seen while at the beach that past summer.
- I adore Adam Sandler. I haven’t seen a lot of his older works, but my family’s marathon watching of Click when I was young stuck with me. From Just Go With It to his Thanksgiving Song performances, I’m slightly more than reasonably obsessed. I was recently confronted with “Grow Old With You” from The Wedding Singer and I think I may be in love— the next movie on my list!
- I account F.R.I.E.N.D.S. for a lot of my personality traits. Despite countless Buzzfeed quizzes, I’ve never been able to define myself as one character from the show. Finally, I realized why— growing up watching it led me to become a bit like each one of them!
- I used to be super-techy. Though my ultra-basic Macbook and “dumb phone” might fool you, I was once a pretty hardcore technology nerd. I ran Linux, played intense amounts of Myst, and worked with my school’s Tech Team. Slightly useless skills in regards to my modern-day Apple affinity, but perhaps they’ll come in handy some day!
- I once called 911 accidentally…then hung up. While trying to call my grandparents one night many, many years ago, my finger wasn’t directly over the phone. Instead of the “622” in their number, it registered as “911.” Painfully shy me didn’t know what to do and put the phone away again at the sound of “911, what’s your emergency?” I then slinked upstairs to rethink my young life’s mistakes…until a cop arrived to verify everything was okay. My mom certainly got a laugh that night!
- I really like Pokemon. However, most of my knowledge comes from the originals— most of the modern-day universe is lost on me, save a few scattered DS games. For that, I’m a bit sidelined from your usual fan club.
- I’ve currently been sick for about two months. With a never-ending cough, sleep’s been difficult to come by, for both me and my poor roommate. Add in a bout of food poisoning at one point and the overall chaos of a busy college life, and it’s an absolute nightmare.
- I’m participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year. And I couldn’t be more excited! If you’re totally confounded by this one, don’t worry, there will be more information to come soon enough! 🙂