“[101 in 1,001 is] a happy medium between a to-do list and a bucket list. Over the next 1,001 days (or 2.75 years) I will be crossing and checking each item off of my list, making regular progress towards meeting my longer term goals.”
While I’ve already discussed my full-on bucket list here at TO&E, I absolutely adore this idea. And quite frankly, why not?
Start date: August 21, 2015
End date: May 18, 2018
Write my 101 in 1,0001.
- Visit at least five of the museums I’ve yet to check out in Gettysburg. (0/5)
- Try fifteen new restaurants. (5/15: The Ragged Edge (Gettysburg, PA), VLife NYC (New York, NY), White Castle (New York, NY), Waldo’s (Gettysburg. PA), Christine’s Cafe (Gettysburg, PA).
- Visit a place for the first time.
Edit a book.
- Reach a total of 300 blog posts at TO&E. (175/300)
Get an internship.(Summer 2015, Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary Museum)
- Take at least four dance classes. (0/4)
Try at least three new clubs/activities. (3/3: The Mercury Literary Journal, Her Campus, Active Minds)
- Update my journal at least 60 times. (0/60)
- Take 101 pictures (of actual neat things, not just 50 candid shots of Cooper and Bullet). (0/101)
- Write 25 letters. (1/25)
- Keep in touch with at least five people from freshman year. (0/5)
- Try twenty recipes from my vegan cookbooks (here and here if you’re interested!). (1/20, Peanut Sauce)
- Get Nanny and Pop back to Gettysburg.
- Have a non-journalistic piece published.
- Make Dean’s list again.
- Make and keep at least five new friends. (0/5)
- Buy a really nice pair of shoes.
Shop at Tiffany’s.
- See another show on Broadway.
- Finish War and Peace and Anna Karenina.
- Rewatch the Harry Potter and original Star Wars series.
Finish five TV series. (5/5: F.R.I.E.N.D.S., Bob’s Burgers, The Tudors, How I Met Your Mother, Pretty Little Liars) Help Rachel transition to high school. Officially declare my Public History minor. Get a smartphone.
- Play a game of Monopoly the right way.
- Find a signature recipe.
- Have a 21st birthday party.
- Get business cards made.
- Have more than $1,500 in savings. (10/1,500)
- Go on a solo trip.
- Get my license.
- Finish at least 101 books. (10/101: The Red Pony– John Steinbeck, After the Lost War: A Narrative– Andrew Hudgins, History is In The Land– TJ Ferguson, Divergent, Insurgent, and Allegient– Veronica Roth, You Too Can Have A Body Like Mine– Alexandra Kleeman, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? – Mindy Kaling, Breakfast at Tiffany’s– Truman Capote, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child-JK Rowling)
- Visit the Cashtown Inn.
- Go abroad.
- Learn a new skill.
- Graduate from Gettysburg College (or be at the point of graduation, if the date falls after the end date).
- Successfully run two 5Ks. (0/2)
- Meet someone famous.
Take a group of friends on an investigation.
- Make a really good batch of cookies.
- Make someone’s day.
- See five “must-see” movies for the first time. (0/5)
Beat a video game. (Spring 2016; Neko Atsume) Stargaze.
- Find out my blood type.
- Ride a horse.
- Take a self-defense class.
- Adopt a rescue pet.
Give a waiter/waitress a really good tip for a job well done.
- Make pasta from scratch.
- Go to a Major League baseball game.
- KonMari my life.
- Watch a sunrise.
- Buy something without looking at the price tag.
- Memorize at least three poems. (0/3)
Make homemade hummus.
- Go to the farmer’s market.
- Memorize the most important Battle of Gettysburg figures (per my NPS-inspired flashcards).
- Visit a new historic site.
Feature three guest posts on TO&E.(4/3, Across the Pond: Learning at a Distance, Back to the Drawing Board, Anxiety, Depression— Handle With Care, College Involvement)
- Guest post on two other blogs. (1/2, The Mummy ToolBox)
Solve at least one of my health issues.Migraines are gone!!
- Go to church at least once per month. (0/31)
- Attend one reading per year at the Ragged Edge. (0/4)
Write and send thank-you notes.
- Be in the top 20 reviewers for Gettysburg on TripAdvisor.
Comment on 25 different blogs. (25/25)
- Make homemade salad dressing.
- Get a passport.
- Go to three different Bullets sporting events. (0/3)
- Vary my passwords and update my password log accordingly.
Buy an actual (non –scratchoff ) lottery ticket.
- List the items in my dorm room & room at home…. Just in case.
- Send someone flowers.
- Tour the Yuengling brewery.
Go to Knoebel’s. Successfully wear heels.
- Get an external hard drive and finally back up my computer.
- Finish all of the Jane Austen novels I currently own.
- DIY something.
- Get a credit card.
- Eat an orchard-fresh apple.
- Learn how to ride a bike.
- Make a Pinterest recipe.
- Make a (real) will.
- Have my name legally changed.
- Learn how to play chess.
- Go to the Renaissance Faire again.
- Go to a concert.
- Complete photo albums.
- Get a period photo taken in town.
- Spend a day watching Disney movies.
- Pet-sit for someone.
- Put $5 into savings for each item crossed off the list. (2/101)
- Blog about at least 80 of these. (1/80)
- Try ten new hairstyles. (0/10)
- Inspire three other people to make a 101 in 1,001 list! (1/3: Kira of Mommy Makes Time)
- Complete all 101 items. (20/101)