“And I was losing myself out in the darkness alone, but the night made me strong and I learned to let go. Time mends the heart; you turn the page, somehow, oh, there’s no lookin’ back— the hurtin’s behind you now. Starting over again…..” –Starting Over, Cher
As I return to the real world, I’ve had some pretty good news come along.
- I started writing for Uloop News. The site is described as “college news and classifieds,” and I’ll be covering news and the like from Gettysburg.
- I’m starting a Her Campus chapter here at Gettysburg. After reading Dani Dearest’s piece on how the experience has affected her, I—being a longtime fan of the site— decided to try it myself. After a surprisingly intense application process, I filled out some paperwork today to make it official!
- I visited my family for a few days, which was a welcome break from the endless work my summer had started to become.
- I’ve started working on my 101 in 1,001 list.
- I’ve made some impressive short-term progress on my 2015 Reading Challenge.
- I’ve discovered the wonder that is Brownie Batter Oreos (shout-out to Nabisco for vegan cookies).
- I met MiLB’s wonderful Brodie Greene.
- I went school supply shopping (which can only mean a new colour-coded post coming in the near future!).
- I moved into my new room. It’s a far cry from “large” (I affectionately refer to it as “The Shoebox”), but I prefer to call it “cozy.” I’m living with great people, so the lack of space is undoubtedly worth it.
Not a bad place to start over, if I do say so myself.